Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Where She Went by Gayle Forman


The sequel to the acclaimed If I Stay, written from Adam's point of view.

I absolutely loved this book. I actually thought it was better than the first book, which rarely happens. I liked Adam's narration better than Mia's, maybe because the first book was her just watching everybody after her accident. I felt that Adam's feelings about Mia and his withdrawal from the band was very realistic, and I really liked getting to see how much things had changed between the first books. I was also glad to learn what happened to Mia after she woke up. I was also thrilled when the author talked about a (real!) conductor from Venezuela who started a program that would take kids off the streets and into orchestra, because I learned about him earlier this year. Where She Went is a perfect book for musicians of all kinds.

Soundtrack:
Our Hearts Are Wrong - Jessica Lea Mayfield
Reason Why - Rachael Yamagata
Oh No - KaiserCartel
World Spins Madly On - The Weepies
Chemistry - Kimya Dawson
When I'm Alone - Lissie
The Man Who Can't Be Moved - The Script

No comments:

Post a Comment