Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Ivy by Lauren Kunz with Rina Onur

A fun summer read about one girl's life among the Ivies, complete with boys and diabolical roommates.



Lauren Kunze and Rina Onur may not have succeeded in making me want to go to Harvard, but they did succeed in crafting an entertaining story. The Ivyprovided me with a delicious escape from my humdrum summer, despite the fact that it is about school. The characters were very different from one another, and each added their own unique edge to the story. I am pleased to have discovered this new series, and cannot wait for the next installment. If anyone else feels this way after readingThe Ivy, try Alicia Thompson’s Psych Major Syndrome or J. Courtney Sullivan’sCommencement to tide you over.


I find it particularly interesting that the actual writer (Lauren Kunze) doesn't like her own main character. This is also a collaboration I haven't heard about before; one person provides the ideas and the other puts them into words. So, the question becomes: who's doing the real creating?

No comments:

Post a Comment