Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

My own personal short 'n' sweet summary:
Angel + Devil = TROUBLE



A few thoughts:

1. Laini Taylor is probably the coolest person ever. I mean, come on; she's got pink hair:

2. Sometimes, when you read a book as good as Lips Touch, you are disappointed when you read something else by the same author. Daughter of Smoke and Bone is not that something else.

3. Laini Taylor uses the best names: Kazimir, Akiva, Karou...don't even get me started. And I'm pretty sure she makes them up, too.

4. This is the first urban fantasy I've read that doesn't take place in New York, so major props to Laini Taylor for that. She has also helped me decide where I want to study abroad in college: Prague all the way.

5. With Taylor's wonderfully vivid descriptions, I think anyone could read aloud from this book and go all Silvertongue (yay for Inkheart references) and bring a chimaera right out of the story!

Basically, READ IT.
Or don't, I guess, and get one of Karou's crescent-shaped knives in your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment